Monday, May 5, 2014

Take Away

One of the most important takes away's from this class would have to be Michael Kimmel's book.  I have always been interested in the topic of masculinity in America, and have thought many of the same ideas that were expressed in his book.  I thought it was important because I got to learn new vocabulary to use when talking about the subject and a reference to go refer to when talking to others about the subject.  I also got to discuss something that I am interested in with the whole class and get other peoples ideas and views, which is almost just as important as the book itself; what's the point if you don't have anybody to talk about it with?  This class provided a supportive area for discussion, I guess that was the most important thing, the concept of the value of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment