Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Most Important Concept

To me the most important concept that we learned this semester was a new term for me. Racial lumping and the entire Asian Panethnicity issue was really interesting to me. I felt that during that unit I learned completely new information that I knew nothing about previously. Racial lumping was a topic that was discussed a lot throughout Espiritu's book. I had never heard the term before, but after learning about the term I realized it was something that I do without knowing I was doing it. It opened my mind to realize that racial lumping is something that bothers those who are racially lumped. The entire Asian American Panethnicity book was interesting to me because it was something I had never been taught about before. So to me that book and unit was the most important thing that I learned in this class. And then one concept from that unit; racial lumping, would be the most important concept that I have learned. Although I must add, I found a new concept throughout every unit we went through this semester and I found a way to gain new information through each new book and unit during this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment