Friday, May 9, 2014

Most important concept

The most important concepts I learned this semester were hegemonic masculinity and the feminist movements we talked about. Before this class I had always taught that a men should be strong and provide for his family no matter the circumstances. However, I learned that this idea doesn't play out all the time for all man because of their race, and social identity. Lastly before this class I never heard of Angela Davis at all. I did some extra research outside of class and found out that she is a key put to a civil rights movement for woman of color with her radical ideas and standing up for freedom and justice for people of color. Her book gave me a new understanding of how the woman suffrage movement began and is still a struggle for women and minorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment